We love this Valentine’s Day dessert board from our food contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, and think it will for a sweet activity and family-friendly snack. Not only is it colorful and festive, it’s easy to use it as a template and go with any ingredients you have—and your kids will eat.
Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
- 12 vanilla meringues
- 2-3 cups yogurt covered pretzels
- 2-3 cups popcorn
- 1-2 cups vanilla wafers
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup red licorice
- 1-2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- For garnish – roses, flowers, or fresh mint
- Arrange the meringues in a “lazy snake” diagonally across the long side of the board.
- Fill in the rest of the space with loose piles of the ingredients, balancing out the weight visually as you go.
- Don’t be afraid to pile the sections high, or have it look a bit messy. It adds to the fun. Enjoy!
Thank you to Leah Koenig, author of The Jewish Cookbook, for sharing this recipe, which originally appeared on Food 52. Credit: Mark Weinberg These sweet rendition of latkes will be a hit at Hannukah, but also a fun,...
Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for...
This easy crisp makes for a healthy Thanksgiving dessert or a yummy breakfast any morning. Skip peeling the apples, and you'll save time and boost the fiber content. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to...