Fall may have Pumpkin Spice, but this Spring, we’re all about this Carrot Spice Snacking Cake. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing this gluten, butter and oil-free healthy treat!
Carrot Spice Snacking Cake
Yield: 1 8×8 inch square cake
- 1 cups carrot, shredded
- 2 large eggs, whisked 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup Monkfruit powdered sugar (or regular powdered sugar)
- 1⁄4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your pan with parchment and spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, eggs, and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt and whisk lightly with a fork. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until the tester comes out clean. Let cool briefly in the pan and finish cooling completely on a rack before frosting.
To make the frosting – Beat together the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cooled cake and garnish with the candied ginger if using. Enjoy!
We all know that sunscreen helps prevent sun damage that can lead to skin cancer. So it’s a no-brainer that we’re thinking about it more than ever as we head into summer. That’s why last week’s study on how readily sunscreens are absorbed into skin (and...
The Easter Bunny seems to be just as busy this time of year as Santa is during the Christmas season! Thankfully, he's just as skilled at finding time for children at quite a few places. Below are all the places you'll find the Easter Bunny, broken out by...
Anyone else feel like cold and flu season is never going away? Whether your house has been hit hard this winter or you feel like you’re fighting it off because everyone around you is sick, considering taking to the kitchen to boost your family’s immunity,...