This DIY Holiday Balloon Parade from The Local Moms Network contributor Maria Provenzano is perfect for anyone swapping their traditional parade tradition for more social distance-friendly activities this year!
DIY Holiday Balloon Parade
Card Stock OR foam sheets
Embellishments of your choice
1. The first thing you want to do paint your foam balls
2. For easier painting & to avoid them from rolling around put the balls on a toothpick to hold place or just a plastic cup
3. Let dry
4. Once your foam balls are dry it’s time to attach the figures/embellishments
5. Using card stock, or foam sheets, cut out whatever shapes/figures you desire for your character
6. Once you’ve cut out your shapes out it’s time to glue. Use a low temperature hot glue to attach figures onto the foam balls
7. If you’re making a top hat: spray paint a plastic cup black & then cut out a circle out of foam sheet. Next just glue the cup to the foam sheet!
8. Add any other embellishments you’d like to go along with your character
9. To create the image that the balloons are being held down by string all you need to do is hot glue on a couple skewers around the balloon!
For more holiday fun from Maria, check out these other DIY ideas:
Colorful Leaf Sugar Cookies
DIY Pie Garlands and Placemats
DIY Harvest Centerpiece
This cocktail was shared by Lindsay Wernert Potter, the cocktail contributor for Greenwich Moms, from local restaurant Little Pub. Want to sip on something more festive this season than a Cab? Try mixing up this Fall cocktail. It uses cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and...
Recently, we shared all about our favorite new kids’ fashion find, Rockets of Awesome. It is a mom-founded brand of adorable clothes that can be bought online and through their time-saving subscription model. We’re still stocking up on festive holiday looks and...
Recently, we shared the story of our favorite organic mattress brand, My Green Mattress, including an interview with cofounder Tim Masters. We just love how Tim and his wife Cindy launched the brand to help their young daughter (and other kids like her) who are...