What’s better than homemade pancakes on a fall weekend? This easy recipe, a family favorite of Megan Sullivan, co-founder of The Local Moms Network, can be customized with nutritious mix-ins (suggested below) and use just a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Megan’s Family Favorite Pancake Recipe
- 2 medium bananas (Ripe works best)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour(I use Organic Almond Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Use any of the additives above!
- Mash bananas or add to Vitamix.
- Add almond milk, eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. The batter should be thick for fluffy pancakes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/4 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
- In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have about 8 pancakes.
- Top with fresh fruit, a nut butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Pumpkin – filled with nutrients and fiber
- Oats and/or bran
- Protein or Collagen powder
- Fruit / berries
- Mashed up banana or apple sauce
- Almond or Peanut Butter
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...
Anyone else *more* than ready to swap winter coats and sweaters for spring dresses and tops? We asked designer Katie Fong Biglin, for her go-to picks for the season. All of them are mom-friendly (read: easy to style) and many of them are perfect for pregnancy and...
With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we're all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. "This salad...