What’s better than homemade pancakes on a fall weekend? This easy recipe, a family favorite of Megan Sullivan, co-founder of The Local Moms Network, can be customized with nutritious mix-ins (suggested below) and use just a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Megan’s Family Favorite Pancake Recipe
- 2 medium bananas (Ripe works best)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour(I use Organic Almond Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Use any of the additives above!
- Mash bananas or add to Vitamix.
- Add almond milk, eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. The batter should be thick for fluffy pancakes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/4 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
- In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have about 8 pancakes.
- Top with fresh fruit, a nut butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Pumpkin – filled with nutrients and fiber
- Oats and/or bran
- Protein or Collagen powder
- Fruit / berries
- Mashed up banana or apple sauce
- Almond or Peanut Butter
I found this recipe on Yummly originally, and it has become a staple in our household. I love all the different colors in this dish, hence the name rainbow chili, and that it incorporates sweet potatoes without being overpoweringly sweet like some sweet potato...
This story was provided by The Local Moms Network Contributor Shilpa Rosenberry of Scouted Food. 2019 brought us a fair share of innovative food trends – we saw cauliflower chicken tenders, plant-based varieties of jerky and CBD infused food and drinks....
This easy recipe, perfect for football Sundays and New Year's resolutions, was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor Sara Hood. Sara Hood’s Keto-Friendly Nachos Recipe Ingredients Cheese Crisps (to make, grate cheddar cheese,...