What’s better than homemade pancakes on a fall weekend? This easy recipe, a family favorite of Megan Sullivan, co-founder of The Local Moms Network, can be customized with nutritious mix-ins (suggested below) and use just a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Megan’s Family Favorite Pancake Recipe
- 2 medium bananas (Ripe works best)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour(I use Organic Almond Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Use any of the additives above!
- Mash bananas or add to Vitamix.
- Add almond milk, eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. The batter should be thick for fluffy pancakes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/4 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
- In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have about 8 pancakes.
- Top with fresh fruit, a nut butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Pumpkin – filled with nutrients and fiber
- Oats and/or bran
- Protein or Collagen powder
- Fruit / berries
- Mashed up banana or apple sauce
- Almond or Peanut Butter
This story was contributed by The Local Moms Network contributor, Maria Provenzano, Lifestyle + DIY Expert of Hallmark’s Home and Family and founder of From Scratch with Maria Provenzano. It isn't summer until you have had watermelon!! It is one...
Credit: Freut Cake[/caption] Need some ideas for your 4th of July menu? These options include something for everyone, from festive cocktails to savory sides. Hope everyone has a happy—and healthy—holiday this year. Drinks Watermelon Mojito from...
Rosé is the official drink of summer, and it’s also a perfect base for warm weather cocktails. We asked Erica Blumenthal and Nikki Huginar, who co-authored Yes Way Rosé, for their favorite pink mixed drinks. See below and cheers to summer! Photos: Sarah Anne Ward...