What’s better than homemade pancakes on a fall weekend? This easy recipe, a family favorite of Megan Sullivan, co-founder of The Local Moms Network, can be customized with nutritious mix-ins (suggested below) and use just a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Megan’s Family Favorite Pancake Recipe
- 2 medium bananas (Ripe works best)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour(I use Organic Almond Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Use any of the additives above!
- Mash bananas or add to Vitamix.
- Add almond milk, eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. The batter should be thick for fluffy pancakes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/4 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
- In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have about 8 pancakes.
- Top with fresh fruit, a nut butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Pumpkin – filled with nutrients and fiber
- Oats and/or bran
- Protein or Collagen powder
- Fruit / berries
- Mashed up banana or apple sauce
- Almond or Peanut Butter
Although turkey gets a lot of attention on Thanksgiving—it is nicknamed "Turkey Day" after all—we have come to realize it's all about the sides. From brown sugar-laced sweet potatoes to green beans topped with fried onions, the comfort food dishes surrounding...
The Silver Spoon cookbook is a cult classic and The Silver Spoon for Children cookbook has also become a hit. Full of easy, healthy Italian meals that kids will love to cook and eat, it’s just been rereleased with updated recipes. This recipe for classic...
We can’t think of many things more valuable than a super simple, healthy weeknight meal that our family will happily eat—a reliable and reasonable babysitter, maybe? This One-Pan Coconut Lime Chicken from Keto Your Way, a new cookbook from Keto Made...