Easy no-cook recipe that is bursting with spring flavors? Yes, please. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing another beautiful, seasonal and nutritious dish!
For more easy and delicious recipes, go to https://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Shaved Spring Salad with Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 10 stalks of asparagus, shaved
- 4 radishes, shaved on mandolin
- 4 carrots, (tricolor if available) shaved 2 heads frisée or butter lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (coconut, Greek etc) 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp water, for thinning dressing
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well until emulsified. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water to thin it to desired consistency. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a mason jar, attach the lid firmly, and give it a good shake!
- For salad: Wash and prep all ingredients. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots lengthwise into strips. Discard the remnants of bettor and asparagus that are too thin to peel. Using a mandolin, or a sharp knife, slice radishes thinly.
- Place frisée in a large shallow bowl and top with the remaining vegetable shavings. Top with dressing and toss.
Related articles from The Local Moms Network:
Rockets of Awesome offers a convenience way to update your kids’ wardrobe with quality, adorable pieces.
Halloween is almost here and we’re adding this Spooky Snack Mix from The BakerMama to our shortlist of fun treats to make. It has all the things we love in a holiday snack—sweet, salty, festive and a healthy dose of nostalgia. Maegan, the talented mom behind...
Looking for some candy-free options for Halloween this year? Whether your child’s school doesn’t allow candy, you want to offer kids (and parents) a healthier option or want to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project (allergy-free options in a blue pumpkin), we...