Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic.
Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to find all her recipes or follow her on Instagram @kat_can_cook.
Sweet Potatoes Agrodolce
- 2 lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño or fresno chile, seeded and thinly sliced in rings
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas, toasted
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle it with the oil, 1 Tablespoon honey, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the potatoes to large rimmed baking sheets, spreading evenly.
- Roast until caramelized, 20-25 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the chile, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tablespoons of honey to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-6 minutes until syrupy.
- When potatoes are finished, spoon the agrodolce over them and serve right away.
- Finish with the pepitas and sage.
Caleb, age 8, after getting his first COVID-19 shot in Albany, NY With the recent approval of the Pfizer vaccine for kids ages 5 to 11, millions of parents nationwide have already vaccinated their kids—and millions more are weighing the decision. As parents, we always...
A version of this story originally ran on Home with the Harrisons, and was written by Lindsey Harrison of New Canaan-Darien Moms. Credit: Donna Dolan With the holidays coming up, that means more crafts, artwork, gifts….and clutter. In order to start 2022 as...
Thank you to Leah Koenig, author of The Jewish Cookbook, for sharing this recipe, which originally appeared on Food 52. Credit: Mark Weinberg These sweet rendition of latkes will be a hit at Hannukah, but also a fun,...