There’s still a little bit of summer left, so why not make the most of it with a S’Mores Board! We love the version pictured above from The BakerMama (she is the authority on boards of all kinds, of course!). Below, some suggestions for making S’Mores everyone will love.
For The BakerMama’s original S’Mores Board post, click here.
Tips for Making a Summer S’Mores Board
- Go Beyond the Graham Cracker – Chocolate chip cookies, or almost any flat cookie, work well!
- Combine Salty & Sweet – Add some peanut butter, or even bacon, for that classic salty/sweet combo.
- Add Fruit – Pile on some thinly sliced apple paired with caramel, or some strawberries (a take on chocolate covered strawberries!).
- Spice it Up – There are plenty of gourmet chocolates infused with cayenne and other peppers—and they’ll make for a more grown-up S’More.
- Provide Plenty of Options – The beauty of a board is that everyone (kids and grownups) get to choose what to create. So go big! Summer won’t last forever, right?!
Teresa Dinneen is a mom of two who lives with her husband and kids in Redondo Beach, CA. She’s also a professional organizer and stylist who works with a team of five to simplify her clients’ homes, and lives, and along the way shares her secrets on her...
This Creamed Corn Pasta with Zucchini and Basil is the perfect end of summer recipe, packing in all that seasonal produce into a pasta dish that is both kid-friendly and vegetarian. If your family loves it so much you want to make it all winter long, just sub...
Cookies for breakfast? Why not, when they're filled with fiber and protein-rich almond flour and free of added sugars like these. This recipe from our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore is a perfect "Back to School" choice—make them on a Sunday for a grab-and-go...