There’s still a little bit of summer left, so why not make the most of it with a S’Mores Board! We love the version pictured above from The BakerMama (she is the authority on boards of all kinds, of course!). Below, some suggestions for making S’Mores everyone will love.
For The BakerMama’s original S’Mores Board post, click here.
Tips for Making a Summer S’Mores Board
- Go Beyond the Graham Cracker – Chocolate chip cookies, or almost any flat cookie, work well!
- Combine Salty & Sweet – Add some peanut butter, or even bacon, for that classic salty/sweet combo.
- Add Fruit – Pile on some thinly sliced apple paired with caramel, or some strawberries (a take on chocolate covered strawberries!).
- Spice it Up – There are plenty of gourmet chocolates infused with cayenne and other peppers—and they’ll make for a more grown-up S’More.
- Provide Plenty of Options – The beauty of a board is that everyone (kids and grownups) get to choose what to create. So go big! Summer won’t last forever, right?!
Thank you to Leah Koenig, author of The Jewish Cookbook, for sharing this recipe, which originally appeared on Food 52. Credit: Mark Weinberg These sweet rendition of latkes will be a hit at Hannukah, but also a fun,...
Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for...
This easy crisp makes for a healthy Thanksgiving dessert or a yummy breakfast any morning. Skip peeling the apples, and you'll save time and boost the fiber content. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to...